Laser photocoagulation uses an intense beam of light to create microscopic burns that treat abnormal blood vessels beneath the macula. The burns form scar tissue that seals the blood vessels, keeping them nourished while stopping any leaks under the macula.
LIGHTMED features the most comprehensive line of ophthalmic laser photocoagulators and delivery devices, ranging from traditional single wavelength mono-spot lasers through multi-wavelength pattern-scanning systems, with traditional CW (continuous wavelength) and SP-Mode™ (tissue friendly sub-threshold micro-pulsing mode).
Our unique technologies ensure exceptional controls that provide safe, precise and effective treatments for disorders such as:
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PRP)
- Diabetic macular edema (DME)
- Central serous chorioretinopathy
- Macular edema due to branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO)
- Retinopathy of prematurity (ROP). Download the ROP Treatment Guidelines now. Download ROP FAQs now.
- Choroidal neovascularization
- Ocular tumors
- Aged macular degeneration (AMD)
- Glaucoma (trabeculoplasty, cyclophotocoagulation)