LIGHTMED Internet Privacy & Security Policy
LIGHTMED CORPORATION respects your privacy and is committed to protecting sensitive information at all times. This online privacy statement explains how LIGHTMED collects, uses and safeguards information on www.lightmed.com. This Internet Privacy Statement applies ONLY to information collected by LIGHTMED through its website.
Changes to Internet Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend the Internet Privacy Statement at any time, for any reason. We will post a notice that this Internet Privacy Statement has been amended by revising the “Last updated” date at the bottom of this page.
If you have questions about this Internet Privacy Statement, please contact us at: 949-218-9555.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Information we collect — When you browse www.lightmed.com and do not interact with the site for any online service or product from LIGHTMED, you browse anonymously. Personal identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number and email address, is not collected as you browse. If you choose to interact with our site in other ways, such as subscribing to our newsletter, submitting questions or comments or requesting information or materials, we will collect certain personal information from you. The type of personal information collected will vary, but may include name, phone number, email address, and other demographic information. We do not collect Social Security Numbers or Dates of Birth via our website. The type of product or service that you seek will determine the personal information that is collected. For a listing of the exact type of personal information that will be collected from you, please refer to the appropriate online forms.
- Tracking activity on our website – We track how our site is used by both anonymous visitors and visitors who interact with the site. We may use third party software such as Google Analytics to help us analyze how users use the site. These tools may use “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google or other third-party companies. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for LIGHTMED.
- How we use personal information – Once collected, we may use your personal information (except for email address, which is outlined below) for the following purposes:
- Register you for products, services or programs you have requested
- Answer your emails or online requests
- Send information you request
- Ensure the website is relevant to your needs
- Deliver LIGHTMED services such as newsletters, meetings or events
- Notify you about new products/services, special offers, upgrades and other related information from LIGHTMED
- How we use your email address – Users who have opted in to our electronic newsletter may periodically receive emails from us regarding new products/services, special offers, news and other related information from LIGHTMED. We do not share, sell, trade, exchange or rent your email address to vendors for them to market their products or services to you. When we hire vendors to deliver emails to you on our behalf, they are under agreement and limited from using your email address for any other purpose. When we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can view graphic-rich HTML email. If your email address is HTML-enabled, we may choose to send you graphic-rich HTML email messages.
- How to opt out of email – To opt out of an email list, please contact LIGHTMED at: 949-218-9555.
- Children under 13 – We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
- Information security – LIGHTMED implements security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to our business partners who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
How we safeguard information
Site security features – LIGHTMED takes extensive measures and carefully selects third party companies that have sound security practices in place. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secured. For these reasons, and despite our measures, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us electronically.
Linking to other Internet sites
LIGHTMED website may link to other Internet sites as other Internet sites may link to www.lightmed.com. LIGHTMED is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites and cannot monitor them. To ensure your privacy is protected, we recommend that you review the privacy statements of other Internet sites you visit.
Contacting Us About Privacy
You may contact us about our privacy practices at any time. For a copy of our entire Internet Privacy and Security Policy, please contact us:
Mail: LIGHTMED CORPORATION, 1130 Calle Cordillera, San Clemente, CA 92673, USA