Company: LIGHT-MED USA
Job Title: PRODUCTION TECHICIAN
Reports to: PRODUCTION MANAGER
LightMed USA Inc. is a medical devices company focused on development, manufacture and marketing of innovative and versatile lasers and diagnostic devices for the Ophthalmic, Dental and Dermatology market segments.
LightMed’s business philosophy is to commit to improving quality of life by providing physicians industry’s best value medical devices, blending innovative technologies with ergonomic devices at unbeatable cost.
LightMed Corp was founded in 1993 and is currently offering technologies and services in over 80 countries through global distribution network and direct subsidiaries in USA, Japan, China, Korea and Taiwan.
From 2015 LightMed is establishing its Manufacturing and Development operations in USA (San Clemente, CA) and we are looking for numerous professionals to join our growing team with prospects of enduring and rewarding career opportunities.
LightMed USA Inc. provides a structured technical environment with in-house training programs and progressive advancement opportunities.
A Production Technician will perform a variety of assignments within a manufacturing environment. The technicians will be primarily involved with assembly and commissioning of the medical devices ensuring highest quality and medical laser safety standards. The key requirements of the production technician duties may include but not limited to:
- The technician will be required to follow company and department procedures. Must be able to read and follow process documentation written in English.
- This individual will be required to accurately record information within documentation while maintaining strict adherence to FDA, GMP and ISO requirements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- The technician will perform daily housekeeping of the production areas and equipment as required.
- Maintain strict adherence to compliance, safety standards and standard work instructions including wearing personal and product protective equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work and multitask in fast-paced environment with firm deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative, assume responsibility, and make decisions in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects.
- High energy and dedication to excellence.
- Able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferably in medical devices.
- Preferably prior experience with alignment of lasers and optical modules.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Quality requirements in FDA medical device regulated environment.
At Light-Med USA, we offer a great work environment with growth opportunities and comprehensive training program to all our employees, supported by a competitive benefits package that includes:
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Paid vacation and Sick Leave in line with state of California labor laws.
- An incentive program based on key performance indicators that drive our business
- Medical Insurance and Eye Care Insurance.