Company: LIGHTMED USA INC.
Job Title: DOWNSTREAM MARKETING MANAGER – PART TIME (50%)
Reports to: DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL MARKETING
We are looking for an enthusiastic Downstream Marketing Manager with strong acumen and communication skills. The role will drive campaign strategy and execution to increase product sales and brand awareness in USA and globally.
Working closely with cross-functional team members, this role has both strategic and tactical responsibility for supporting the achievement of revenue and downstream marketing objectives.
The Manager shall present a proven ability to deliver effective strategies to achieve mutually established business KPIs. Experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, and product development.
Downstream Marketing Manager will be based out of LIGHTMED San Clemente office, expected to work 5hrs per day and cooperate alongside the Marketing Manager while reporting to the Director of Global Marketing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Direct to Market (Patient, Physician & Distributor) programs, including developing educational tools, measuring ROI, and leveraging social media to drive awareness.
- Develop and implement lifecycle maintenance campaigns for key products, including analyzing market research and sales analytics, ideating messaging, developing sales tools, identifying competitive threats and taking action to mitigate; and creating best in class marketing/PR initiatives to drive sales.
- Create and refine educational/training programs for customers and sales team that incorporate a variety of media formats including live forums, web based programs, tablet friendly training tools, white papers, case studies, physician &patient testimonials, etc.
- Partner with sales team to define and implement effective targeting, develop physician champions, and gather input to drive product improvements and marketing decisions.
- Develop and execute on publication and podium strategy based to support product awareness.
- Work closely and effectively with internal team, sales team, key opinion leaders, and physician customers to identify and/or evolve downstream marketing and program opportunities.
- Coordinate, attend and support company activities at relevant scientific and technical meetings and conferences.
- Work as part of cross-functional team (clinical, sales, marketing, manufacturing, R&D) in order to meet business objectives; manage all projects within specified budget and timeline.
- Remain current on domestic and international market dynamics and competitive developments.
- Implements marketing and advertising campaigns by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts; preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Tracks product line sales and costs by analyzing and entering sales, expense, and new business data.
- Keeps promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics designers; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Supports sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests. Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Coordinates meetings and trade shows with relevant Regional Sales Managers by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Expected Competencies & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product marketing (including lifecycle maintenance campaigns), communications program management, domestic and international marketing, direct to patient & physician marketing, or combination with sales.
- Experience in medical device marketing is required, preferably in a start-up environment. Experience with Ophthalmology marketing is desired.
- Strong aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Communication, relationship-building, and project management skills are critical to success.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to “team work” to perform at all levels and assist in areas outside of core responsibilities.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communications skills.
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit is required.
- 10% Travel required
The job offers a great work environment with growth opportunities and comprehensive training program to all our employees, supported by a competitive benefits package that includes:
- A competitive salary package of US $40,000 p.a.
- An incentive program based on key performance indicators that drive our business.
- Travel: 10%-domestic.
Position Closes 18th December 2017.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $40,000.00 /year